The Town House School
Local children in Grades 1 through 8 were educated at the Town House School from 1900 until 1951. This typical New England school house was acquired by the Society in 1955 and used as its headquarters until 1999. Over the years it fell into disrepair and had to be closed. Thanks to the fundraising efforts of “Friends of the Town House School” and the building expertise of Gary Martin, the school has been totally restored. It re-opened in August 2019 and once again became a gathering place for the community.