Kennebunk River near the old Mitchell Garrison
Our mystery vessel somehow managed to get herself in this precarious position in the mid-1870s, based on the vessel on the stocks at the nearby Titcomb & Thompson yard at far right. By 1891 when the bottom picture was taken, what remained of her hull was visible near the Mitchell Garrison, which would later be replaced by the Franciscan Monastery. What remains of her today in the mudflats can best be examined by kayak at low tide.
Monastery and Ella Clifton Derelicts are slowly disappearing
Leave a Reply