Kennebunkport view of Dock Square c.1892
This glass plate of Dock Square was taken between May 8, 1891, when the White School (1) was moved from the corner of Maine Street and Union Street to its present location tucked behind the Brown Block (2), and October 3, 1893, when the first Norton House burned (3). The building at far right was originally a school on Elm St called the Academy (4). It was moved to Dock Square before 1850. It has since been torn down and rebuilt as part of Alisson’s.
Leave a Reply